What is a Gonorrhea infection?
- Gonorrhea is a curable sexually transmitted disease (STD) caused by a bacterium which usually infects a man’s urethra and a woman’s cervix.
- Gonorrhea is not limited to the sex organs. It can also infect the mouth or throat as a result of oral sex. The rectum can be infected as well, either indirectly by drainage from the vagina or cervix or directly due to anal sex.
Gonorrhea Test $89.00
Gonorrhea & Chlamydia Combo $129.00
- Gonorrhea is much more aggressive than Chlamydia and usually produces lots of pus and pain in men though it may be silent for a while in women. A small number of people may be infected for several months without showing symptoms.
- In the early stages, 80% of women infected with Gonorrhea have no visible signs of infection. Gonorrhea is not limited to the sex organs. It can also infect the mouth or throat as a result of oral sex.
- If left untreated, gonorrhea can cause: pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), infertility, crippling arthritis and blindness in newborns The urine test is highly specific (98.9%).